When a baby with Down syndrome is born, parents need accurate and current information about Down syndrome.
Down Syndrome Australia's 'A guide for new parents booklet' is a national resource that explores the feelings experienced by many parents, answers common questions and concerns and provides practical tips on feeding and development. Our new parent packs contains relevant content including:
- A copy of the DSA booklet 'A guide for new parents'
- A check list of things to do in the early days and suggested resources list
- A heath check guide and Down syndrome growth charts (for your 'Child Health Record' book)
- Information about local support groups and our Early Days support workshops
- Brochures - Getting to know DSV | Breastfeeding your baby with Down syndrome | ECIS | Better Start for families who have a child with Down syndrome | MyTime | It’s OK to complain | 'Through the Maze' booklet