Locating a school

If you are relocating within or moving to Victoria it is best to firstly establish the approximate area/region in which you intend to reside.
Having done that if you are intending to enrol in a state mainstream or specialist school you could then contact the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Welfare and Disability Manager for that region - see contact list below. This person could then discuss possible schools for you to approach.

North Eastern Victoria Region
Benalla                (03) 5761 2100
Glen Waverley    (03) 9265 2400

North Western Victoria Region
Bendigo                (03) 5440 3111
Coburg                 (03) 9488 9488 

South Eastern Victoria Region
Dandenong            (03) 8765 5600
Moe                       (03) 5127 0400

South Western Victoria Region
Ballarat                   (03) 5337 8444
West Footscray      (03) 9291 6500
Geelong                  (03) 5225 1000

Alternatively you can search for a school at the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development - Find a Service website

You can search for government, catholic, independent and specialist schools by going to Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority Website - and then click on 'Search for a provider or qualification'.

If you intend enrolling in the Catholic school system then you should make contact with the Manager, Special Learning Needs at the Catholic Education Office on (03) 9267 0288 who could similarly discuss schools within your intended area of residency.

For the independent school system contact AISV (Association of Independent Schools Victoria) on (03) 9825 7200 to discuss your queries.