About Down Syndrome Victoria
Down Syndrome Victoria is the statewide peak membership organisation representing people with Down syndrome and their families. It is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1978 to provide support, encouragement, information and resources to people with Down syndrome, their families and the broader community.
We are a whole of life service offering:
- Personal support and information to families
- Advocacy, information and support for people with Down syndrome
- A Down Syndrome Inclusion Support Service to assist students with Down syndrome and their teachers in mainstream schools
- Peer support groups around the state
- Club 21 - a peer support group for adults with Down syndrome
- An annual Family Fun Day and other events
- Education/information sessions
- Regular publication of our Voice journal - a free subscription is offered to our members
- Information and professional development for health and education professionals
- A library of Down syndrome specific resources.
Down Syndrome Victoria is an active member of the Down Syndrome Australia network of state associations.
Down Syndrome Victoria relies on public and private sector support to fulfil its mission of empowering individuals with Down syndrome to achieve a lifetime of meaningful inclusion in the community. We welcome your tax deductable donations.